Monday, March 5, 2012

goals clipboard

 

hey y’all.  I recently pinned this goals list on Pinterest and decided to take it one step further and make my own version for my desk where I also do my sewing and crafting…

DSC_0780

I chose to paint and distress an old clipboard with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Grey and clear wax, and doodle right onto that with a Sharpie, then stick on half-stacks of Post It notes.   This way, it is far more durable and I can simply remove a note when it is complete, and not have to stick another note in place, since the rest of the stack is beneath it. 

DSC_0797

DSC_0835

I am still finishing up my desk, so for now it is hanging on my recently painted wood wall.  Are there some of you out there who think I just slipped a swear word, saying, “painted wood”?  Yeah.  I know.  I am not one of you.  I see wood and I just want to paint it so bad.  Not sure why that is, but I am always happy when I do!  You will get to see the wall in all it’s glory soon…

Gotta go stain a desktop!  I have almost all week off – there will be no excuse if I can get my room done and share this week! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you about painted wood. I love it to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your version of the goal list. I had to run out to Target and snag the graph paper after this!

    ReplyDelete