Tuesday, August 2, 2011

pinterest challenge

I am setting this post to automatically post in a few hours and I am not telling you what time it is that I am actually writing this. The important part is that I completed my Pinterest Challenge!!!

I recently found a metal schoolroom trash can on my trip to the surplus, and decided to take part in the Pinterest Challenge, using this inspiration pin

screenshot1

to make over my trash can…

beforeafter

I did a slightly different scale. But, what do you think?

The taper of the trash can killed me. My evening was filled with about 2 or 3 hours of trying to do it the wrong way (I may have been distracted by some Netflix streaming), followed by one hour of measuring and taping the right way. People, don’t try to ‘eyeball’ chevrons. Trust me.

DSC_1080 DSC_1082

I ended up measuring and marking the points of each angle, using the ribs on the can as my guide to keep everything lined up, trimming the tape even with the ribs as I went along.

DSC_1088

DSC_1089

So I think it turned out pretty cute and will make a great addition to my vintage collection for my upcoming sale. I just got word that they are sending out the registration info, so I will pass on the dates and info soon!

Go on over to the Pinterest Challenge to see what everyone else came up with!

4 comments:

  1. It looks awesome! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute, you did a great job!! What a great way to kick up an ordinary item.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I bet you like throwing things away now! BTW, I've listed your blog on mine as a favorite. Hope that's ok. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, it's totally cute! I love all things chevron, and I never thought I'd be drooling over a trash can ;)

    xo Catharine @ Your Modern Couple

    ReplyDelete