Sunday, February 28, 2010

House Interrupted - After


I know, the after-tile pictures have been slow coming. Most of the 5 peeps who read this little blog probably have already seen the tile at my house by now! Nonetheless, I finally took some after pictures today, during daylight hours. Here are the before and afters...



I know, you said, 'Wow that looks really different,' studied the picture, and are going to say that I cheated in making the flooring before and afters look good by also painting the wall, right? I had to paint the wall while the trim was off!!! I am a paint-on-trim hater, I'm sorry, and might be the only one who hates it enough to remove a room's trim before painting and put it back on when done. I really wasn't trying to cheat. I am feeling so much better without that green wall in my life, though. It was creepy, like the Geico Money eyes staring at me constantly or something.

Moving onto the kitchen...



I am thrilled with the brick tile pattern and it seems to make things look more spacious. I was surprised that the tile wasn't any louder than our laminate floor. I think the noise the laminate made was a "whoosh" of air squeezing out from under it, since it 'floated' or was not secured to the sub-floor. Since the tile is adhered to the sub-floor, it makes a solid surface and I am now able to quietly tip-toe down the hall to check on sleeping kids. I will admit, though, that the tile is very cold and I want a couple rugs now.

And the hallway and bathroom...


The bathroom makes the biggest difference to me! It feels so nice to walk from the hallway into the bathroom without crossing over the screwed-in transition board and without walking onto the lame fake tile vinyl. A BIG thanks to my husb for chiseling out that awful sub-floor, piece by piece!

Here's a close up of the tile, which was 12x12 Tanasi Harvest Porcelain Tile, from Lowes...


It is made up of plenty of warm brown tones that mesh well with my wall colors, cabinetry, carpet and decor beautifully. What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. I liked the green wall but with the pictures next to each other, I like the new wall color better! I like the floor! And I think a couple rugs would be most fab!

    ReplyDelete