Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Gone to Pot

Not even a month old and this blog has already gone to pot. The toilet, that is! I had to share my toilet with you... first, have you ever seen those furniture ads with the product pictured outside, like these:


They always make me laugh. Anything would look good in that setting! Well, I am not copying them in the pictures you are about to see - actually, my toilet was outside due to our tiling project in progress. It really helps my toilet look good though! Except for this...


I have had a real problem with the brushed nickel hinges on my toilet seat getting tarnished. See that green stuff? It doesn't come off. It really grosses me out. I gave up. But it makes me not even want to clean the bathroom, since it will still look gross. Enter, all new toilet seat. Inside the box, I found a toilet seat and a bag with plastic washers and nuts and metal screws.


Installing it required no tools! I simply unscrewed the plastic nuts under the back of the old seat and removed the seat...


Then I cleaned the holes. Then I threaded the screws and washers onto the new seat hinge...


Then I placed it onto the toilet...


Then I tightened the plastic nuts from the bottom side and that was it! Looks nice...


But Baby Tiger, the cat senses there is something more. Let's open it up...


What's that in the lid? It's a built in child seat! I bought this seat at Home Depot, for $30 (can't find it on their website) and loved it so much I went back and got another one for the other bathroom! So you open the lid and there is a child seat held into the lid by a magnet! Mark thinks he is so cool now when he pulls down his little seat, and I am so happy because it is much more sanitary than the plastic, two-piece one I had bouncing around the bathroom before. Here is the old seat before and the new seat after...



Much improved, yes? Am I the only weirdo who cares about such things?

3 comments:

  1. I love it! It's amazing how much a good crapper seat can make you happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that...but can you remove the kids seat part when there big enough? Very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never new that even existed. Good invention. Why didnt we think of that?

    ReplyDelete