Thursday, July 26, 2012

grandma’s house

 

We recently we had a little staycation at my mother in law’s while they were out of town. We needed a little family time and she needed someone to water the plants. Plus there is a lake, a hammock, a fire pit and it’s a beautiful house. It was a win – win. But I think we were the bigger winners. =)

We wrangled a huge toad while we were there…

DSC_0777

DSC_0755

DSC_0761

DSC_0782

It was all kinds of gross and exciting.

 

I finally checked off a major must have … bath pictures of the kids so I can blackmail them when they are older.  My bathroom is tiny, and has horrible lighting, so I took full advantage of my mother in law’s pretty bathroom, amazing tub and natural light and took some valuable bath pictures of the kiddos…

DSC_0569

DSC_0565

My girl is the toy hoarder…

DSC_0556

DSC_0551

She loves grandma’s shark toy as long as it’s not biting her.  In which case she screams bloody murder.  That is more intense and more painful that just screaming murder.  In case you were wondering.

DSC_0554

DSC_0553

DSC_0558

DSC_0566

DSC_0560

Fun stuff.  I went the classy route: no visible parts that have to be covered up with rubber ducky stickers in the baby books… MOM!  Jeeze.

 

We had movie time…

DSC_0575

Susie actually initiated that cuddle, believe it or not.  If you know her, you might not. 

 

Anyway it was a lovely stay.  Thanks, mom-in-law!  I think I kept all your plants alive.  (cringe)

No comments:

Post a Comment