Friday, July 27, 2012

globe redo

 

I couple weeks ago I snagged a neat globe for $5 at a yard sale. 

It looked cute on the TV console.

But then I pinned this.

And yesterday I worked a little magic on that globe…

DSC_0919-3

And the after…

DSC_0922-3

DSC_0925 (2)-2

DSC_0927 (2)-2

DSC_0928 (3)-2

I painted all the oceans and large bodies of water with a regular artist brush and two coats of chalkboard paint. 

The idea came from a random snapshot in a post on the Pleated Poppy blog.  It was one of those pins that I pinned and completed in like a week. 

I love it.

What do you think? 

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it! Looks great next to your ships picture and lantern! Now I have a legit reason to get another globe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has nothing to do with your post, but I was wondering if I might talk to you sometime about the Dickens Fair. I am vending at it this year, but was wondering about the the stall measurement and if they have wifi. I saw that you attended it last year. How'd you do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Samantha! I JUST saw this comment - it was stuck in moderation for some reason! I can't remember the exact measurement but I want to say about 8x8 maybe? And I don't think they had wifi because I remember the cell phone reception being bad, but I could be wrong. Sorry I'm not more help!

      Delete