Saturday, January 21, 2012

it’s here, it’s here, it’s finally here!!!


Okay, so I told you a few posts back that I had gotten four footed milk glass bowls and was making pincushions out of them for my Etsy shop.  But then I thought, wait a minute… a while back I found three in one thrift shop in one day, then the next time I found four… this isn’t just going to keep happening to me.  Maybe I should keep this nice, neat little set of four vintage milk glass footed dishes for things like…
DSC_0391
the WORLD’s BEST fruit salad that’s like nothing you’ve EVER had before.
I pretty much say that about everything my friend Sandy makes, and it’s pretty much always true.  This recipe is from Sandy, and it is no exception -  have had this three times this week and I still can’t stop thinking about it.
DSC_0386
Okay, are you ready to try it yet?  There are three super easy parts:
WORLD’S BEST FRUIT SALAD
Fruit: Chop strawberries, apples and banannas.
Sauce: Stir together 1 cup each of plain yogurt and sour cream, plus about 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk and about 1/2 tsp. vanilla (more to taste).
Toppings: Granola of choice, coconut flakes, sprinkles.
This serving size was about a cup, so I layered in 1/3 cup bananas, 1/3 cup apples, and 1/3 cup strawberries.  Then I took a large spoon and drizzled on a heaping spoonful of the sauce.  Then I sprinkled on some coconut flakes, followed by granola and sprinkles.  That’s it!
Easy right?  Wait till you try it, it is so darn good.  I had it for lunch yesterday.  And a little after dinner, too. 
DSC_0388 
Okay, so those little dishes didn’t make it into my Etsy shop, but guess what… a whole bunch of other stuff did!  I finally put my leftover items from my sale into my Etsy shop.  It fittingly called, WillWorkForDecor on Etsy.  Right now it is full of camera strap covers, zippered pouches, teacup pincushions and some art prints.  I will have some vintage plastic signboard letters coming up soon.  I also hope to keep an eye out for thrifted treasures to sell in the vintage section.

And here’s the kicker (boy, this post just keeps getting better!)… head on over to my Etsy shop and pick out your favorite item… leave a comment here, telling me what your favorite item is and (drum roll please?) … you will be entered to win that item! 
You didn’t think I had forgotten about my blogiversary giveaway did you!?  Get over there, pick out your favorite item and leave a comment now!  AND, Follow my blog or give me a shout out on Facebook and you can enter twice (leave two comments).  I will randomly select one winner next Tuesday, and announce it here.  If you win but your favorite item has sold, you can pick another or I may custom make you another.  Giveaway closes Tuesday morning, January 24th, at 8am PST.
(Note: this giveaway is now closed!)


Have fun, ladies, and thanks for reading this lil’ ol’ blog!  =)

8 comments:

  1. Yummy!! Can't wait to give this recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those tote bags, so cute. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new shop and your blog Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Follower!!!!! :D I like the little, zipper pouches ;) lol Your shop is SUPER cute :) good luck on sales.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your stuff too Tasha! I've been eyeing your camera straps for a while- like the peacock/polka dot w/o ruffle and the patchwork aqua/gray ones. But I also like the vintage floral pouch too :) Congrats on getting your shop up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Vintage yellow poppy tea cup pincushion. Sue G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your little cup of tea pincushions! Your shop looks great!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmmm, I am digging the makeup/coin purse! I wish you mucho success!

    ReplyDelete