Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!


Yesterday was kind of our Halloween. It started off with a trip to The Farm at Swan Trail. Love, love, LOVE that place. The first time I went I was sick and totally sleep deprived (Susie was sick too) and grou-CHY. So I vowed we would go back with a better attitude and the camera. Of course that was the gloriously sunny day and the following two visits would be rainy. But, we did get to grace the corn pit with our presence again and it was bright enough in there with the clear roof to get some pics...


Mark could LIVE in the corn pit. It is all he talks about after we visit. He gets to make corn angels (above) and try out his 'moves'...


This one cracks me up...


It reminds me of a 'my space' pic (when you are holding your own camera and taking a picture of yourself), and he is all, 'check me out, I'm rockin' the corn pit, I'm totally making this my profile pic'...

We climbed the giant pumpkins...



And did a bunch of other things in the rain where I didn't dare take out my camera and get it messed up before I shoot a wedding next weekend. Then Susie was frozen and we had to go home.

Mark decided he wanted to be Batman for Halloween (a recent obsession), so I went ahead and planned on that. Then we had to all wear costumes for a party, and I decided to copy a magazine clipping I had saved, and Susie would be a bee and I would be her flower. This is how we turned out...


Mark had been super scared of masks until the morning of our activities, when he said "Halloween is on!" and donned his mask for the first time! Silly guy!

Ty and I aren't especially fond of wearing costumes, but he had the best idea this year. He was going to be a Chilean miner! He even has the costume already because he has a helmet and gear for his tree climbing work. Unfortunately, he got home too late after a dirt bike riding trip and showed up for the end of the party, uncostumed.


As I write this, Mark and Ty just got home with the goods. Ty took him trick-or-treating around the neighborhood (in the sticks) with no luck, so they went to a neighborhood a bunch of older couples from our church live in and Mark raked in some good sweets. Something tells me he may not be done with his costume just yet, though.


2 comments:

  1. The kids looked great...but, I have to say you were a pretty lame flower. You should have framed your face with petals, then you would have made a beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, when I looked back at the photo I realized my petals were pretty unnoticeable. I just copied the magazine!

    ReplyDelete