Thursday, May 17, 2012

motocross – size small

 

I blogged about super cross before, when my man was racing.  But this time it was our boy who we loaded up and hauled to the track! 

We made it a family affair and I took way too many pictures…

photo (2)

I don’t know why he brought a Mexican poncho.  He said he was using it as a blanky.  It was 70 degrees.

photo (3)

Susie was uber excited, though she didn’t know for what.  I took her eye patch off when we got there so she would be able to see and not get run over (theoretical because we really held her the whole time).

I thought Mark might get nervous and not want to go out, but he was excited the whole time…

DSC_1360

DSC_1364

And our homeschool lesson from the day before paid off; he can now buckle his own helmet.

A quick pep talk and he was off in a cloud of smoke!

DSC_1441

DSC_1366

I kept telling myself not to be nervous… this was just the kid track… he would go slow…

Then these guys came around the corner…

DSC_1375

I was a little scared but they were perfectly courteous and were never reckless and watched out for Mark and a couple other little guys out there.

DSC_1368

DSC_1372

DSC_1393

DSC_1389

His first laps were very slow and controlled and soon he came in for a high-five and some pointers…

DSC_1397

DSC_1399

DSC_1408

A lot of study, analysis and practice goes into racing in our family.

DSC_1410

They are looking at the kid track; the teenager and grown up track is what you see behind them.

All of us had advice to offer Mark…

DSC_1413

Yes I forgot her sweatshirt, and mine.  Ty forgot his, too.  At least Mark listened when I told him to put his in the truck!  Susie was thankful.  I gotta work harder on the “Race Mom” title!

Time for round two…

DSC_1425

A crash…

DSC_1418

A play-by-play…

DSC_1420

More riding…

DSC_1428

DSC_1439

DSC_1432

DSC_1448

Another crash…

DSC_1449

In the same spot!  He kept getting excited, thinking he was going to pass the big kids, and then forgetting to turn.  Kind of important.

But he always gets back on!

DSC_1454

He had a blast.  Even though it was just practice, he called it “racing” and really wanted to win because “he likes winning things.”  He can’t wait to go back.

So crazy that my little guy is getting so big!!

DSC_1398

<3.

3 comments:

  1. He is growing way to fast for this grandma...sniff, sniff, sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark is so cute! :) ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looked like a fun day. He has an exciting future in store for him!! :) You took some great shots Tasha!

    ReplyDelete