Friday, December 3, 2010

Feeding the Addiction


I seriously have a spray paint addiction. Especially when I shop the thrift stores. I wonder how many times in one thrift store trip I think, "I could get this and spray paint it!" Well this time it was not at a thrift shop, but in our church's little portable where we hold Sunday school and Awana where I found the lucky item. The room was sooooo bad. Drab, outdated, old-lady yellow and green 60's floral wallpaper and discolored yellow-green trim. The whole story will be coming soon, but for now, I just have this frame. Check out the before...


... and after...


That sad, outdated frame with a gold edge was outdated and forgotten and sad and now it is so lively, fresh and fun! I love it. I made another burlap matt for this one. I was nervous about the yellow, burlap and cream all together, but I love how it turned out.

In case you are wondering, the verse is a paraphrase of James 3:5b-10...

Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be so.

I thought it was a good reminder for the teens and pre-teens that frequent this room. :)

We are working on the room this Sunday, and should have a fun reveal coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment