Wednesday, June 15, 2011

g-sale and a quick dinner recipe

 

This past weekend, we had a garage sale at my house.  “We” being me, Mom, friend, friend’s mom, two sister-in-laws and one SIL’s mom!  It was very hectic. 

I tried to do what the magazines recommend - set up everything in departments like a store.  Things got a little spread out when everyone else brought more and more stuff, but overall I think having things organized helped sell more.  At the start of the second day I still had several of those items that I thought should have been the first to go but hadn’t sold yet, so I dropped those prices a bit and they sold pretty quickly.  And after the sale I arranged for everything to be picked up by NW Center.  The pickup is 5 days out, but better than me trying to load all the boxes and furniture and the kiddos to go drop it off.

Susie had fun ‘shopping’…

Photo_E92E094C-C7ED-A511-6533-18885092E3A7

DSC_0216

I don’t know what she liked better; all her old toys, or the purses and wallets.  She even had a girl friend her age over shopping with her most of the time but I was too busy gabbing with her friend’s mom to take pics of them both. =)  And also making sure our kitten didn’t go home with anyone – he got into three different cars, but our guests returned him every time!

That night I needed a fast dinner, so I whipped up Potatoes and Sausage.  Ty’s mom has tried to tell me how to make this numerous times and I always end up with soggy potatoes and slimy onions, but somehow got it right this time so I will share how I did it…

 

DSC_0205

Simple Potato, Sausage and Onion Supper

5 large red potatoes, washed, halved and sliced

1 medium white or sweet onion, halved and sliced

1 rope Beef Kielbasa sausage, halved and sliced

cooking oil

salt & pepper

Add enough oil to thickly coat the bottom of a large deep frying pan and heat on medium/high until nice and hot, then add potatoes.  Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.  Stir occasionally for about 20 minutes, until some are starting to brown and thin ones are getting tender.  Add onions and sausage and cook a bit longer until potatoes are all fork-tender and onions are cooked to your liking.  Done!

 

I am making it again this week!  Thanks Debbie, for trying to tell me how to make them multiple times over the years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment