Tuesday, March 22, 2011

153.8 & 32.8

That is my weight and my body fat percentage as of yesterday! I think I might be seriously losing my mind to publish that information. I am doing it in hopes that it will motivate me. You see, my pain-in-the-butt friend challenged me to do the 30-Day Shred with her. I already had the workout DVD (I actually purchased this set of 3 of Jillian’s videos and love them all), but I hadn’t been doing it on a regular basis. I was asking Kristel if there was a diet that went along with the 30-Day program or if it was just doing the workout every day for 30 days. It is just working out. I am now doing it every day. If I don’t, I have to pay Kristel $5 for every day I skip. And vice-versa. That should be motivating.

Also, I am revisiting the book, The Diet Alternative by Diane Hampton. I have a love/hate relationship with this book. I hate the way she replaces words in scripture with her own words (replacing ‘sin’ with ‘binge’ for example) to get her point across. I get why she does it but tweaking scripture rubs me the wrong way. But I love the principles. The description of the book is not very accurate; you can eat whatever you want but not ‘whenever’ – only when you’re hungry; as in your stomach is growling; and only until you are ‘satisfied’. It is a quick read and easy to follow… here is an excerpt…

In gluttony, rather than loving God with the whole mind, a person begins to eat when he is bored or worried. Rather than loving God with all his soul, a person begins to eat when he is frustrated or angry. Rather than loving God with all his heart, he begins to eat when he is lonely, depressed, or defeated…

Okay, that’s me. I eat when I am stressed, frustrated, or bored… Instead of eating during those times, I need to pray when I am stressed or frustrated and dive into God’s word when I am bored!

So anyway, hopefully in 27 days (today is day 3) I will be back with two slightly smaller numbers for my post title. =)

3 comments:

  1. You are brave my friend. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmmm, girl you got balls!! I love your honestly and look forward to seeing results on both of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great motivational post. You are awesome AND beautiful!

    ReplyDelete