Friday, June 7, 2013

farm chicks { 2013 }

 

We interrupt the regular broadcast of Farmhouse Friday, to bring you this –very worthwhile, and still uber farmey- post…

And I think… just maybe… I might be able to get it all in one post this year!

This past weekend was time for the long awaited voyage to the yearly Farm Chicks show.  It takes place every year in Spokane, WA.  This time hubby had some plans on Sunday, so I had to simplify the trip and just stay at my mom’s place about half way there, and do only Saturday at the show.

And believe it or not, I was okay with that.  I’m getting pretty good at navigating this event.  I have enough thrifting expertise that I can really be picky about what I buy.  And I’ve seen so much of it on Pinterest already.  It used to be so overwhelming with all the vintage stuff and new ideas, to pass by anything I loved seemed like saying goodbye to my one true love.  But now I can say, “Nah, I see those in thrift stores for less than that price…” or, “I saw that idea on Pinterest – I can make one…”  It was nice to walk away with some of my alloted budget leftover this year. 

…some vignettes from the sale…

DSC_0004

DSC_0015

DSC_0003

DSC_0018

DSC_0023

DSC_0506

DSC_0505

DSC_0508

DSC_0512

DSC_0519

DSC_0522

DSC_0523

DSC_0524      DSC_0531

DSC_0529

DSC_0543

DSC_0550

DSC_0555

DSC_0557

DSC_0563

DSC_0565

I always forget to get a wide angle shot to capture the scale of the huge sale.  Bad blogger.

 

Although I am growing accustomed to the vintage, farmey madness that is the Farm Chicks sale, it still does not disappoint.  There is always something new; some bit of mystery; hunting for something special and unexpected. 

DSC_0028

One of our friends went rogue and escaped this picture.  And my feet had gotten sore so I had to trade out my boots for my Toms, then Sarah borrowed my boots and is wearing them in this picture!  What in the world – I actually wore a dress and boots and there’s no evidence!!  =) 

Fun was had.  Great finds were found.  Mission accomplished.

 

Wanna see what I got???

Okay, twist my arm why dontcha?

DSC_0058

I think the yellow lockers may be my favorite find.  They were my first purchase, at my favorite booth.  One right in the first bay that has mass quantities of vintage quilts, table cloths, boots, belts, alpha and numeric items, and then random items like these locker baskets in bulk.  I bought the last three yellow ones.  Ladies were swarming the pile like bees, carrying off armloads of them.  I didn’t even have to use my elbows though; I just swooped in with the speed of many gazelles and grabbed them up. 

Yellow locker baskets - $10/each.  Yeah.  =)

DSC_0068

Pulley - $12; beaker – $16; FC mug – $5 (?); “SWAN” flour sack $8 (?)

 

DSC_0064

Cracker tin – $6; cigarette tin – tobacco tin – $6; blue baker’s twine – $3

 

DSC_0062

Vintage bias tapes – $0.50/each; small scalloped tray – $3; Kodak film canister – $3.50 (?)

 

DSC_0060

OLD mirror – $10 (it hangs from a leather strap!!!)

 

DSC_0070

Plates – $3/each

 

DSC_0071

Jade/gray dogwood tablecloth – $35 (excellent condition, but a splurge); fruit tablecloth – $10

 

DSC_0075

So that’s my happy little loot.  Many items have already found their places around the house.  Some are awaiting projects.  There is a mirror collage wall in the works… and a plate wall collage… and a pillow cover… and some buntings…   swoon!

5 comments:

  1. So my friend...remember when you got mad that I didn't tell you about the stack of paint by numbers I came across? Well...why didn't you tell me about those most adorable tins! The Sucre one!! Also, gotta love the group photo where my child is sucking on my shirt button and wearing way too small of an outfit. Poor baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I didn't even check the price on those tins... I saw the pic and wondered why I just took the pic n walked away... Blogger freak! They were super cute n most likely pretty spendy!

      Delete
  2. I love that table cloth. : ) and you had to bring up the boot thing again? ; ) I love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I had to bring up the boot thing, plus I noticed Leah is wearing my flip flops! What was I, the shoe supplier for this trip or what!?

      Delete
    2. Hahaha that's funny, She was. : ) What a great friend you are, sharing your shoes with us. ; )

      Delete